Monday, May 16, 2011

My short review of Jeff Howe's Crowdsourcing

Crowdsourcing: Why the Power of the Crowd Is Driving the Future of BusinessCrowdsourcing: Why the Power of the Crowd Is Driving the Future of Business by Jeff Howe

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I don't often read books like Crowdsourcing, but I found Jeff Howe to be an engaging writer who knows how to tell engaging stories to explain his theories on how to use the crowd in business. There are a few places that feel a little repetitious and dull, but Howe mostly delivers a solid message in an way that I found entertaining. My recommendation: Don't read this book word for word. Skim it, browse it, read it like a manual of sorts and you'll pick up the message without getting bogged down it similar stories or parts you don't find interesting.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. This post almost makes me want to read that book...Engaging stories are hard to refuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it made it hard for me to skim the book. The stories about people's different experiences with crowdsourcing are short but interesting. I kept reading them completely instead of just taking a quick look.

    ReplyDelete