Thursday, May 26, 2011

MLA Bibiliography and Borges

  • I've been interested in Rachel's search for things about Borges, so I decided to see what I could find in MLA International Bibliography.  
  • MLA Bibliography is a great bibliography of articles, journals, books and even chapters of books going back to the 1920's
  • I originally looked in the MLA Bibliography trying to find a great article in Spanish that I might be able to translate for Rachel, something pertaining to her search about art and Borges.  I didn't end up finding anything that looked interesting in Spanish though. I used the adnvanced search options putting in Borges name and words in Spanish and in English using the OR boolean operator.  I got back many options but using the peer reviewed tab, I found a useful article online with a PDF and found the reference to it in the BYU library.
  • Baler, Pablo. "The Subconcious of Civilization: An Interview with Lilian Porter." Sculpture (U.S.A.). 20.1 (2001). 26-41.
  • Lilian Porter talks about her art and how it has been influenced by literature, especially by the writings of Borges and Carroll.
  • I'm not positive if this will help Rachel, but it seems to fit with what she has talked about with her research on artwork and Borges and also her plans to maybe submit something to the DPLA project. It didn't help her get into a article written in Spanish, but hopefully it is something that she can use.

1 comment:

  1. I my word I just saw this--that is perfect! I spent hours trying to find something just like this! Thank you so so much.

    ReplyDelete