Thursday, May 19, 2011

Curse You Amazon!!

I got my books I bought on Amazon today.  It was, as always, an exciting experience until I realized that they sent me the wrong book.  Having read and loved Neil Gaiman's American Gods, I decided I wanted to read two other books of his.  Stardust and Don't Panic, a companion guide to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  To my dismay, Don't Panic wasn't in the box.  Instead, I had a regular paperback copy of the actual Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  Aaarrrgghhh! The incompetence!  The invoice, of course proves that the error had not been made on my end of the transaction.

My plan is to read Neil Gaiman's companion guide and to write him after and hopefully asking him some questions about his thoughts on the novel, based on what I read from his book.  I still have to call the people at Amazon, but I hope they can get me another copy of that book fast so I can see what Mr. Gaiman has to say.  Until then, Amazon, you're on my list.

2 comments:

  1. Last night I was talking to my friend, and he recommended all three of these books to me to read. I'll have to read the since I keep hearing about them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlie, I really enjoyed American Gods but it's not for everybody. If you haven't read it yet, check my review and Nyssa's comment to decide if it's for you. I liked the movie Stardust, but I'll let you know how I feel about the book after I read it.

    ReplyDelete